Year 5 Book Week Homework -Â Due in: Tuesday 10th March 2015
Readyâ€¦ Steadyâ€¦ Read!
This week was World Book Week! To celebrate this, your homework is to read a chapter of your favourite book and either:
- Recreate it as a comic book strip or
- Write a book review for it
If you chose to write a comic book strip, you can either use the template provided or draw your own one.
Success Criteria for a comic book strip
- Clear, colourful pictures
- A short one sentence caption for each box
- Speech bubbles (if needed) for the characters
- Correct sequence of events- as told in the book/chapter
If you would like to write a book review, this can be presented in your neatest handwriting in your homework book or typed up.
Success Criteria for a book review
- Title of the book and Author of the book
- Brief explanation about what happens in the book
- What is your favourite character/part of the story? Why?
- Would you recommend it to other people to read? Why?
- Star Rating
- Give lots of detail explaining your opinion and why (Use quotes from the book)
Next week we will be writing our own travel Brochure. Â A good travel brochure must include a range of imperative verbs.
Follow the link below to try this weekendâ€™s homework: